Leaders In Sustainability
For us, sustainability is about using what we need to live now without jeopardizing the future. A sustainable building will not only meet best practice in design and construction, it will also stand the test of time.
We are proud to be one of Australia's leading sustainable development companies, responsible for many new ecological practices. Our thorough approach to social responsibility is demonstrated in our three sustainability pillars - Think, Talk and Walk Green, Green Targets and The Next Green Frontier:
The quality of the Leighton Groups sustainability practices have been recognised with the inclusion in two of the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices, “DJSI Asia Pacific” and the “DJSI Australia”, a measure of the performance of the worlds sustainability leaders.
Think, Talk and Walk Green
We don’t just talk about the environment. Our key personnel are Green Building Accredited Professionals. We are an active member of the Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA).
We’re one of the largest green commercial property developers in Australia, currently developing more than 200,000 sqm of Green Star rated sustainable commercial office space, with another 200,000 sqm planned.
We have already:
- Achieved numerous Green Star certified developments
- Completed the only commercial precinct in Australia that includes 5 Star and 6 Star Green Star (Office Design v2 and As Built v2 ratings) buildings
The Next Green Frontier
We push beyond current environmental standards by:
- Always looking for the latest technology and ideas
- Working with leading consultants
- Continuously engaging in sustainability research
- Applying practical solutions to our developments